On Saturday, April 11, the Chamber held its Annual Dinner. It was my second as your Director and it exceeded all expectations. From sponsorships, to in-kind donations, to attendance, the results were impressive. Eighteen sponsors (including three non-profit sponsors; our first year for a non-profit category); 12 in-kind donations ranging from water to ice cream; and 13 door prize donors that allowed us to give away more than 20 gifts to lucky winners.
And if that isn’t enough, the most impressive for me was the 24% increase in attendance over 2014 – 104 Chamber members and guests attended the Dinner and celebrated a year of accomplishments.
- Current membership is 232.
- We added 31 members in 2014.
- From May 2013 to December 2014, our membership increased 24%.
- Approximately 440 individuals attended networking events in 2014.
- There was a good diversity among Networking Event hosts: financial (3), retail (4), healthcare (1), non-profit (3), and real estate (1).
- We held five ribbon cuttings in 2014 celebrating new or expanding businesses.
- We held eight professional development sessions.
- Nineteen businesses participated in Shop Perry and we had over 1000 shoppers register for prizes when visiting our retailers.
Looking back, it was a terrific year. But, for me, it’s all about looking ahead. Perryopoly is on the horizon and we are excited about bringing this fun and creative keepsake to our citizens. We have more professional development activities scheduled and are looking for ways to partner with various organizations to bring information and events to our members that are meaningful and relevant.
So, the only question is what part will you play in the Chamber’s future? I hope you will plug in and join us on the next leg of our journey.