Training: Promote Your Events
So you've planned an event and now need to get the word out. As a Chamber member, there are a few options available to you: the Chamber e-newsletter, Facebook, and the Chamber website.
The Chamber's e-newsletter is delivered every Friday morning to over 700 contacts of both members and friends of the Chamber. To submit your event, please send the information directly to the Chamber at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do request:
- Members be current with their Membership Dues.
- All submissions must be received no later than Tuesday, 5 PM, for inclusion in that Friday’s edition.
- All submissions should be public events.
- Any image/logo provided should be in jpg format.
- All items will run for two weeks maximum.
- Submission for an event that is more than 30 days out will not run until two weeks prior to the event date.
- If your event is a reoccurring event, for example: weekly, monthly, etc., it will be placed on the Chamber calendar of events and listed in the newsletter.
- All members should include a reference to their website or Facebook page. The Chamber newsletter will include this link encouraging readers to visit members’ websites and Facebook pages.
- Only one submission per week, per member. The Chamber reserves the right to edit all submissions for space and content.
- Personal opinions, personal causes, personal fundraising efforts (not business related), political endorsements, business advertising, or promoting nonmember businesses/organizations are not appropriate for the newsletter.
- Originate from members of the Chamber
- Enhance the general welfare of the community
- Adhere to generally accepted standards of clarity and community