Networking Event Guidelines
A great way to meet other Chamber members is by attending a networking event; a greater way is to host a networking event!
The Chamber will work with you to make sure that your networking event is a success by doing the following:
Prior to the event:
- Promote your networking event on our website and social media.
- Circulate an email invitation to more than 600 Chamber members and friends.
- Include your event in our weekly e-newsletter beginning the month prior to your event.
- Pre-register attendees. The Chamber will provide sign-in sheets to garner an accurate count of attendees.
- The Chamber will mail up to 50 invitations to a list that you provide. There is a per piece charge for invitations in excess of 50 invitations.
At the event:
- Greet members, staff registration table, facilitate introductions, and help in any way we can.
Following are the Guidelines for Networking Event Hosts:
- Secure a date/time for your event with the Chamber office. Networking events normally take place the second or third week of the month, on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, between the hours of 5 PM and 8 PM, for two hours.
- Provide a $50 investment to cover promotional costs and outreach to the Chamber one month prior to the event.
- Provide refreshments - hors d'oeuvres/appetizers and a variety of beverages.
- Consider partnering with another Chamber member to co-host a Networking event!
- For suggestions on venues, other than your own, please refer to our Networking Event Partners List. The Chamber recommends one of the County’s many historic properties or locations with meeting space.
- Please note: To enable as many of our members as possible to host Networking Events, members are permitted to host once every 18 months. You may request to be on a waiting list, to help fill open months.
If you have any questions about hosting an event or if you wish to register for a Networking Event, please contact:
Taira Little, Director
Perry County Chamber of Commerce